What is it?
O que é?
The Brazilian Leather project is developed through a partnership between the Centre for the Brazilian Tanning Industry (CICB) and the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil). The initiative promotes the image of the Brazilian leather commercially and institutionally within a varied strategic public all over the world. Through planned actions, the national tannery industry has been able to expand market – with exports to almost a hundred nations -, grown in numbers and technologically developed with positive concept in the most demanding global markets, in addition to contributing to the economy of the country.
OBJECTIVES / OBJETIVOS
- Aumentar o número de curtumes exportadores.
- Increase the percentage of Brazilian companies linked to the leather’s internationalisation.
- Aumentar o percentual de empresas brasileiras ligadas à internacionalização do couro.
- Provide professional qualification and technical improvement to the Brazilian tannery sector, in order to make it more competitive in the international market.
- Proporcionar qualificação profissional e aperfeiçoamento técnico ao setor brasileiro de curtumes, para torná-lo mais competitivo no mercado internacional.
- Promote the image of the Brazilian leather along with its target audience.
- Promover a imagem do couro brasileiro junto com seu público-alvo.
- Increase the volume of high added value leather exports.
- Aumentar o volume de exportações de couro de alto valor agregado.
- Collaborate with the definition of strategies and target markets to the leather of Brazil.
- Colaborar com a definição de estratégias e mercados-alvo para o couro do Brasil.
Adhering the Project / Aderindo ao projeto
The Executing Entity / A entidade executora
The Centre for the Brazilian Tannery Industry (CICB) has been working as the official representative body of all Brazilian tanners for 59 years, defending and promoting the sector in the domestic and international markets. The entity pursues the sustainable growth of the segment, while maintaining high standards of professional qualification, health and safety and technological improvement. CICB supports the national leather industry in order to develop its strengths – as it has been already happening – consolidating it as one of the segments that contributes most to the Brazilian economy. This has been occurring within the different tanneries backgrounds, from small businesses to significant manufacturing units, producing various types of hides, such as bovine finished, semi-finished or special leather.
The Management Committee and its role / O comitê gestor
Augusto Sampaio de Souza Coelho
Carlos Gilberto Santos Obregon
Evandro Luis Durli
José Fernando Bello
Moacir Berger de Souza
Roberto Motta da Silva
Main actions / Principais ações
- Assessoria de imprensa internacional
- Advertising and marketing campaigns in the main global markets.
- Campanhas publicitárias e de marketing nos principais mercados globais.
- Organisation of the Brazilian participation in the major sectoral leather trade fairs in the world, such as, APLF (Hong Kong), ACLE (Shangai), Première Vision Leather (Paris) and Showtime Market (High Point, USA).
- Organização da participação brasileira nas principais feiras setoriais de couro do mundo, como APLF (Hong Kong), ACLE (Shangai), Première Vision Leather (Paris) e Showtime Market (High Point, EUA).
- Support initiatives within the national territory, such as, Inspiramais – for business prospecting and CICB Sustainability Forum
- Apoiar iniciativas dentro do território nacional, tais como, Inspiramais – para prospecção de negócios e Fórum de Sustentabilidade do CICB
- Support initiatives like the project Design na Pele to promote debates while providing professional qualification and the Brazilian Leather Certification of Sustainability (CSCB), that will define the standards for leather sustainability, qualify and train companies within the sector and promote the best production practices in order to strengthen Brazilian leather in the domestic and international markets
- Apoiar iniciativas como o projeto Design na Pele para promover debates e qualificação profissional e a Certificação de Sustentabilidade do Couro Brasileiro (CSCB), que definirá os padrões de sustentabilidade do couro,
- Development of the “Image Project”, an initiative that brings to the country international media and opinion makers.
- Desenvolvimento do “Projeto Imagem”, iniciativa que traz ao país mídia internacional
- Development of the “Buyer Project”, an initiative that brings to the country worldwide leather importers, in order to strength relations and prospect new business’ opportunities.
- Desenvolvimento do “Projeto Comprador”, iniciativa que traz ao país importadores mundiais de couro, para fortalecer as relações e prospectar oportunidades de novos negócios.
- Business Intelligence, with production of analyses, statistics and evaluations regarding the Brazilian leather exports.